Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

700th Revolver Picture Set Just Posted

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2nd Gen Garibaldi Commemorative 3rd Model Dragoon  (Read 1184 times)

Fingers McGee

• Guns of the Late Unpleasantness
    • View Profile
2nd Gen Garibaldi Commemorative 3rd Model Dragoon
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:22:50 AM »

Picked this up not too long ago.  Garibaldi Commemorative with all the original packaging and paperwork.  Also included was a Sig series 3rd model dragoon accessory set, Zippo charcoal blue 3rd Model Dragoon lighter, Case 3d Model Dragoon pocket knife and a book about Garibaldi.

Eric Deaton

• View Profile
Re: 2nd Gen Garibaldi Commemorative 3rd Model Dragoon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 08:03:37 AM »

Back on the book project now after the holidays. A few chapters to knock out and then Iíll start the photography. I donít have one of these Garibaldis so Iíll need some good pics. Maybe a nice one in the case with lid open and one just a side shot of left side.
There has been some good stuff lately showing up in the market so Iíve been buying more. I think you are always buying. We need to make sure we arenít running each other up on the same things!
Eric Deaton
Eric.deaton@ge.com

Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:02:30 AM »

Happy New Year.  You are correct that I am always buying when it comes to models I haven't got yet - and sometimes duplicates if the price is right.

Were you bidding on the silver plated AHF engraved Navy on Gunbroker?  Ken44-40 is my GB alias. 

Eric Deaton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »

I was initially in. Up to around $600 I think. So you got it at $737 + shipping. Iím sure they cost more than that originally. Wanted that Colt Blackpowder plain blued Paterson that Ozarkhill had for sale. Almost had him talked into $1400 straight up but he wanted to list it. It then went for $1750. I got his engraved one with the glass top case for $2k, so didnít want to pay that much for plain one. Now I relize how much rarer the plain ones are.

Eric

Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 02:11:15 PM »

Yep, $737 was total.  He threw in the shipping.  I don't think he expected it to go that high.  I only paid $599 for the one I bought in January.  Original issue price was $1995 in 1984.  Dennis' 2nd Gen price guide #6 (2011) valued them at $1150.  Sure wish he'd get an update out.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:13:36 PM by Fingers McGee »

Eric Deaton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »

The ďNinth Edition of the Blue Book of Modern Black Powder ArmsĒ came out late 2016 and is very good for pricing.  Itís missing some stuff though and I donít think the one you got is in there though. Some of the commemoratives just show issue prices too. If you donít have it you should be able to find it on Amazon.

Fingers McGee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »

None of the blue books list the AHF Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine commemoratives. They don't do a good job on the North and South or Blue and Grey 3rd Model Dragoons either - among other noticeable omissions.  I've got Blue Books back to number 3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up