Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

700th Revolver Picture Set Just Posted

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uberti/Replica Arms Inc. 1862 Police-cased set  (Read 3940 times)

scooby

• View Profile
Uberti/Replica Arms Inc. 1862 Police-cased set
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »

This particular revolver is date coded from 1972, is serial number 1623, and sports the less common 4.5 inch barrel. It is also from the Marietta, Ohio firm after the business of Replica Arms Company of Texas, (which formed in 1962), sold out. The exact date of that transition is currently unknown to myself. It is in excellent condition given it's earlier age and the fact that it has seen quite a bit of prior use by it's previous owner/s. Since taking ownership of the revolver this past year, it has once again been fired multiple time by myself. Thorough examination upon initial receipt of the revolver found it to be of well built construction with very good fit and finish. The revolver came to me when purchased with the case, flask, and mould, and the cap tin and cone wrench have since been added by myself. The round balls and conical bullets present in the case have also recently been cast from the accompanying mould and prove to be fully adequate for accuracy given that they are of appropriate diameters.  Although the flask and mould are later additions to the set, it is unknown if the wooden case is original. Replica Arms Inc. did in fact sell revolvers in the cased set version, as well as revolvers only.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:25:14 AM by scooby »

swathdiver

• View Profile
Re: Uberti/Replica Arms Inc. 1862 Police-cased set
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:38:03 PM »

Very nice piece!  That's my all time favorite too.

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 04:53:11 AM »

sweet little one I traded my 4.5 off and now I want another one
NRA Life Member

Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:47:17 PM »

That is nice, well cared for, firearm. I like the looks of it.

Bill

rodwha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

What do the Picket style bullets weigh? Was there a difference between a standard Navy conical and one for these Pocket models? It looks a little short.
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of truth and of life You hold." - Third Day

scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »

Ahh, looks like your post was intended for another thread ;)

rodwha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »

The conicals in the assortment of projectiles in your box look similar to the Picket type conicals. I'm a bit of a novice so please excuse me if I'm wrong.
"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of truth and of life You hold." - Third Day

scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »

My mistake there rodwa, I now see exactly what your meaning was with your post.  ;)

The conicals are from the Italian mould in the case and the mould just so happened to be cherried from the manufacture with the pronounced point. In fact, much more so than any other replica mould that I have. But other than the spire point, they have the same heeled base that is common with Italian?Colt style reproduction moulds. The conicals weigh 120 grains.

Good eye and observation by the way. There are a couple of them laying just right in the compartment that do infact resemble the spire point of a Picket.

Say, I also am a novice and I do not know if there was a difference between the standard Navy and Pocket conical.

GunSlingerNM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »

Very nice. I have looked at buying cases and all the goodies that go in them but have not yet.
After seeing your set up I am seriously pondering do so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up