Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Section - Percussion Revolvers of a Private Collection

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Idaho!  (Read 1199 times)

Quentin

• View Profile
Hello from Idaho!
« on: December 29, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

Hello everyone! Looks like a great site you have here.

Well, I'm new to black powder but have been around modern firearms since 1958, the first time I shot my dad's S&W (pre) Model 10. I'm more into AR-15s and semiauto pistols now but think BP is gonna be fun! I carried a Colt Series '70 Government Model 45ACP around Arizona and Idaho since 1976 but now this old dog goes with a Glock 23 40S&W. Still, the old Colt is a valued friend.

I just got a Pietta "replica" of a gun that never existed, the Confederate Colt 1851 brass framed .44 but I like it anyway. I've nearly bought a C&B many times over the years but finally plunked down the cash. So far I've only broken it down, cleaned and reassembled. Now to pick up a starter kit or assemble my own supplies. I'm not in a hurry since the indoor range I use doesn't allow black powder so I'm going to wait until a nice sunny day to go out on BLM land. So now is the time to read and get up to speed.

Anyway I'll sit back and watch you guys for now! And maybe watch Deadwood, Hell On Wheels, etc. to get into the mood.

Oh, I'm retired (network administrator), a Vietnam Veteran, married and conservative.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

StrawHat

• Knowledge I take to the grave is wasted.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Idaho!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:25:09 AM »

Welcome, grab a seat, get a cup of coffee, put your feet up, relax and enjoy the converstaion.  Join in when you feel like it.
Knowledge I take to the grave is wasted.

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

Welcome Quentin

Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Ask any questions you want there is a wealth of experience here

Joel
NRA Life Member

Quentin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:02:33 AM »

Thanks guys! I'll poke around a bit. Looks like lots of info for anyone who likes to read!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Pages: [1]   Go Up