Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Updated the Originals Section in Period Knives with New Pictures

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from Illinois  (Read 1182 times)

tscmmhk

• View Profile
Greetings from Illinois
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »

First of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. I have been into firearms since I was a teenager but the black powder bug really bit me when my daughter and I got into the historical aspect of firearms. Started out with a Colt Paterson and then the Colt Walker. I thought that would be it but no......... After the 1858 Remy, Colt 1851 Navy,and Colt 1860 Army I think I'm good for awhile. I discovered rather quickly that you have to become an amateur gunsmith if you want to shoot black powder revolvers. It's been an education to say the least. Fun stuff for sure.
Looking forward to learning more from the forum and contributing some of things I've learned.

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »

Welcome

Seems like percussion revolvers are like eatig potato chips nobody stops at just one. One of my fisrt was a 36 caliber remmie kit I bought back in the early 80's and brush plated nickel and I never really stopped since
NRA Life Member

StrawHat

• Knowledge I take to the grave is wasted.
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Illinois
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »

Welcome, grab a chair and some coffee, sit and listen, then jump in when you are ready. 

Replica C&B revolves are merely kits, all require some additional work, some more then others.
Knowledge I take to the grave is wasted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up