Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Section - Percussion Revolvers of a Private Collection

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello From Kansas City Mo  (Read 1153 times)

The Old Man

• View Profile
Hello From Kansas City Mo
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:35:42 AM »

Name is Phil. Live in Excelsior Springs Mo, but nobody would know where that's at, so Kansas City.
Excelsior Springs is 25 miles NE. Been shooting Black Powder revolvers for over 50 years. I am
71, so The Old Man.  Been shooting at Friendship for over 25 yrs. Shot there this summer in June.
Been married to a hell of a shot Paulette for over 30 yrs. We have a daughter Halie who shoots
also. She is 15. Just comming into that awkward age. My right eye is about gone, so I can't see
to shoot rifle anymore, but I still shoot pistol. Won my share at Friendship thru the years. Even won the "As Issue" revolver Championship in June. Wife has won the Women's Pistol  National
Championship 9 times. Including this year. Daughter won the Sub-JR's when she was 10, and won
the Jr Championship when she was 13. This is not to brag, but to avail myself to the members of
the Fourm to ask me any questions you might have. There is nothing wrong with tin can shooting.
So you don't have to be a great shooter to have fun. That is the name of the game, Have Fun!
I realize also that not all really good shooters shoot at Friendship either. Lots of really Excellcent
Shooters just never make it there for one reason or another. So, hope you will accept me and if I
can help with something don't hesitate to ask.
                                                                     Phil Piburn

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From Kansas City Mo
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »

Welcome Phil

I don't compete (might do N-SAAnext year) but been shooting bpr for 30 years. I have met some "tin can" shooters over the years that were amazing shots but, like myself prefer to shoot outside formal matches. I shoot in my backyard so no real need to go anywhere. I shoot mainly Colt types ( think I have about 5 pockets 36, a few navies, a Walker, and making a 36 Walker) but I've owned most of the Italian clones at one time or another, except the LeMat. What type do you shoot?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 07:35:52 AM by Jaxenro »
NRA Life Member

flahipneck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »

Welcome Phil!!

Fingers McGee

• Guns of the Late Unpleasantness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 05:33:28 PM »