Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

700th Revolver Picture Set Just Posted

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica  (Read 4072 times)

Stillwater

• View Profile
Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »

I've posted this a couple of other places too. I'm looking for some information on an Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica.

I was nosing around a new to me, gun shop today, and I found a new in the box, Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica revolver for sale.

finding a firearm like that is not unusual, right? I have seen a lot of Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replicas before, but this one was cut for a shoulder stock and had the protruding screws on the sides of the frame. Also, this revolver had the 1860 Army grip on it, instead of the smaller 1851/1862 Navy grip. I've never seen a Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica this before.

This gun had never been sold before now. I bought it new today. This is a new gun, not a used gun, where somebody has mixed and matched the parts, as so often happens on a used gun.

Is this an unusual model of the 1861 Navy, or, is it a normal model and I haven't seen one like it before.

I really like the idea of it having shoulder stock capability, and, I just happen to have three shoulder stocks in my inventory.

Bill

swathdiver

• View Profile
Re: Uberti/Colt 1861 Navy replica
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:47:09 PM »

Slug the bore and mic the chambers, there may or may not be a reason why it's never been fired before.

Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:06:57 PM »

Slug the bore and mic the chambers, there may or may not be a reason why it's never been fired before.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:47:57 PM »

Now that I have learned more about the 1861 Navy revolvers, and Uberti's reproductions of them. This revolver mentioned in the original post is evidentially a military model.

I just bought another new Uberti 1861 Navy revolver, because it was also cut for the shoulder stock. Which now pairs me up and gives me something more to have fun with.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up