Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Section - Percussion Revolvers of a Private Collection

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hodgdon Triple 7  (Read 1864 times)

the_law_man01

• View Profile
Hodgdon Triple 7
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »

Well, it's here to stay. That can't be argued with. We might as well have a thread for it. I know I use it. I'm saving my black for when none of our supplies are available anymore. Black will keep for a very, very long time even after being opened as long as it is kept fairly dry. I've heard said that even if black powder gets wet it will still be ok as long as you let it completely dry. Not in the mood for testing this theory though. As long as T-7 is kept sealed, I'm sure it will last a long time but once ANY moisture gets to it (even humidity). It begins to lose its potency.

Anyway, with a RB in my Pietta 1858 Remington, 30gr is still a load accurate enough to hunt with. In my ROA, I shot 37gr. I pulled 2 shots. The 1st of the cylinder cause I wasn't sure of the recoil. The last shot due to a hang fire with old CCI caps (reason for only using at the range). The 4 shots that weren't pulled were in about a 2" group from 25 yards. I'm going to take them both to the range soon and see how far out I can go and still hit a 6" plate. My guess is that my abilities will probably run out around 50 yards or so. Although, with my duty weapon, I shoot 18" steel plates at 100yds free standing. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Pages: [1]   Go Up