Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

700th Revolver Picture Set Just Posted

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from California  (Read 1385 times)

Stillwater

• View Profile
Hello from California
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »

Hello to all. I now live in southern California, however, I am from southern Montana.

My handle is Stillwater because I was born in The Stillwater county, of Montana, beside the Stillwater river.

Currently I have a few percussion revolvers. I have two second generation Colt revolvers and four Cimmaron/Uberti revolvers. Two of the Cimmaron/Uberti 1860 Colt Armys are cut for a stock, and I have stocks made by Uberti for them.

My two second generation revolvers are unfired, and strapped with a bundle tie, so the cyllinder can't be rotated. I am on the hunt for more.

I would like a second generation 1860 Army if I could find a really good one.

I would buy a used (fired) second generation revolver in good condition, and use it as a shooter though. Most of what I am seeing though are used and abused.

I have an interesting Uberti reproduction carbine. A reproduction of a firearm that Remington put out in the mid 1860's. It is built on the misnamed 1858 frame with a rifle stock permanently affixed to the rear of the frame. It is a really neat carbine. I really like it.

I have a project in mind that I will try to complete, as soon as I have every revolver I want. What a great excuse to buy more reproduction percussion revolvers.

Bill

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from California
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

Welcome Bill

What project do you have in mind? I don't think I will ever have every revolver I want but at the moment I am getting some Walkers to have converted to 36 caliber using a bottlenecked sleeve in the chambers and sleeving the barrel to 375

Joel
NRA Life Member

scooby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »

Say Bill, I have the very same Uberti Remington carbine. I really like mine as well and it is an absolute tack driver.

Stillwater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »

Say Bill, I have the very same Uberti Remington carbine. I really like mine as well and it is an absolute tack driver.

They are, a really nice firearm. I just showed the firearm to a friend and he immediately found one on the Internet, and ordered it immediately.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up