Percussion Revolvers

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

700th Revolver Picture Set Just Posted

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ruger Old Army 200th Year .45 cal. Liberty Model Black Powder Revolver  (Read 4341 times)

Jaxenro

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Ruger Old Army 200th Year .45 cal. Liberty Model Black Powder Revolver

Ruger Old Army Stainless Steel .45 caliber Black Powder Revolver made as a 200th year Anniversary of USA in 1976. It has the flat top, scroll engraving and adjustable rear sight. It is single action, loaded as cap and ball so does not need to be registered unless you have it with the ammunition or components. (Check your own State rules.) I don't know whether the stag grips were issued with the gun but they are in excellent condition and seem to be period with this piece. The cylinders and bore of the 7 1/2" barrel seem to show that this gun is unfired (not guaranteed to be so) and the action is very smooth and crisp. There is no box and I believe this was issued with a walnut case by Sturm Ruger Company. There is some pitting in places due to improper storage but I believe most can be polished out. The overall appearance is very fine though. Serial number is 145-00416, first year production

NRA Life Member

wap41

• View Profile
Re: Ruger Old Army 200th Year .45 cal. Liberty Model Black Powder Revolver
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »

Neat gun was engraving done thru ruger or aftermarket?

bigbore442001

• View Profile
Re: Ruger Old Army 200th Year .45 cal. Liberty Model Black Powder Revolver
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »

That was the first cap and ball revolver I had bought a few years ago. I was concerned about any kind of collector status but I was told by many to just shoot it.

One complaint I do have is that the front sight is relatively low and regulated for round ball use. If you use a conical bullet with a maximum charge, the shots will be rather high at the 25 yard mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up